MEIA is seeking a motivated summer student to join our team!
The Manitoba Environmental Industries Association Inc. (MEIA) is seeking a motivated individual to help facilitate projects and complete administrative duties. Working under the direction of the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for project research, admin duties, and supporting the Executive Director as needed.
MEIA is a not-for-profit business association supporting Manitoba’s environmental business sector (environmental technology and service companies, environmental consultants), and Environmental Managers working for a wide variety of companies in Manitoba. MEIA is the Sector Council for the Energy, Natural Resources and Environment sectors in Manitoba.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and organize a diverse workload
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft suite software and internet research
- Experience working with non-profit organizations is an asset
Typical Job Duties
Hours of Work
Full time, term position (Summer 2022)
Funding for this placement is provided in part by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant that stipulates the participant be:
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
MEIA is an equal opportunity organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] by 5:00pm June 3, 2022.