Connecting Environmentally-Focused Students with Professionals in the Environmental Sector
The MEIA Student Chapter is designed for university and college students who wish to enhance their knowledge of the environmental industry and to network with potential future employers.
The MEIA recognizes the uncertainty the pandemic has brought for students in 2020-21. That is why the annual Student Chapter membership will be temporarily reduced to $30, half the rate from previous years. This membership is open to all university and college students in Manitoba.
Student Membership year is valid September 1st through August 31st.
Membership in the Student Chapter comes with many benefits!
- Receive job opportunities sent directly to your inbox
- Access to networking opportunities such as the Student Chapter’s biannual Speed Mentoring events where you can connect one-on-one with professionals in the environmental sector;
- Participate in pizza nights and training seminars offering Student Chapter members the opportunity to develop elevator pitch skills, share ideas, projects and opportunities;
- Discounted rates on MEIA professional development learning sessions, workshops and conferences
To renew or to become a member of the MEIA’s Student Chapter, contact MEIA at (204) 783-7090.
The Deb Tardiff Scholarship
In memory of the founder of MEIA’s Student Chapter, MEIA has created the Deb Tardiff Scholarship.
This $1,000 scholarship is open to all Manitoban post-secondary students from all disciplines.
The selection committee will look for:
- MEIA Student Chapter membership (mandatory)
- Contribution to environmental sciences
- Academic Achievement
Applications due January 31st, 2021. Scholarship will be awarded in April 2021.
Applications should be 2 pages maximum, send to [email protected]