The Manitoba government has opened the first of two intake periods for the 2022-23 Canada–Manitoba Job Grant, with a total budget of $10 million.
The Canada–Manitoba Job Grant provides funding to address an employer’s workforce training needs. Employers can apply for up to $10,000 per employee, with an overall maximum of $100,000. Employers with 100 or fewer employees can receive 75 per cent of eligible training costs and employers with more than 100 employees can receive 50 per cent of eligible training costs. To qualify, the training must be delivered by a third-party trainer.
Eligible training costs include:
- tuition fees;
- mandatory student fees;
- textbooks, software and other required materials;
- exam fees; and
- travel costs for the training of individuals in northern and remote communities.
Eligible training dates include training that began on or after April 1, 2022 and ends on or before March 15, 2023.
- Applications will be funded in the order they are received.
- Continuous intake until the Job Grant funding is fully allotted or all eligible applications have been funded, whichever comes first.
- COVID-19 related training is eligible for funding
- Training with MEIA is eligible for funding
Funding for this grant was received from the Government of Canada through Labour Market Transfer Agreements.
The second intake period will open in August 2022.
For more information on the Canada–Manitoba Job Grant and to access the application form, visit https://gov.mb.ca/jec/busdev/financial/cmjg/index.html.