In preparation for Manitoba to move to the next stage of economic recovery and as a result of funding provided by the Province of Manitoba, YES! Winnipeg and the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce has launched Retrain Manitoba, a $12.5 million workforce skills development grant program.
Under this program Manitoba businesses are able to access funding up to $2,500 per employee up to a maximum of $75,000 for retraining and upskilling to adapt to the changing needs of businesses.
- First-come, first-serve $12.5 million program for the purposes of training & professional development of employees
- Not intended as a cash advance, but as a reimbursement program; employer must have already paid for the employee’s training course
- For active and permanent Manitoba-based registered business; there is no limit to the size of the business; must have an active and valid issued Business Number; in good standing with the Manitoba Companies Office at the time of application
- For an unlimited number of employees; however, up to a cumulative $2,500 reimbursement per employee
- For a range of in-person and online industry recognized training courses provided by a third-party trainer; not limited to within Manitoba
- Retroactive and valid for course start dates from April 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022
- Program application deadline is March 31, 2022 or until the program has been fully expended, which ever occurs first