Manitoba Environmental Industries Association has been working to advance Manitoba’s environmental and clean technology sector for 30 years. As the Sector Council for Natural Resources, Energy and Environment, our mandate has expanded and we are looking for an organized and energetic individual to fill the role of full-time Industry Workforce Development Manager in our Winnipeg office.
The Workforce Development Manager is responsible for understanding the human resource needs of Manitoba’s Natural Resources, Energy and Environment (NRE&E) sector, conducting training needs assessments, and planning and coordinating the development, delivery and evaluation of workforce development programs. Reporting to the executive director, the Workforce Development Manager works within the Province of Manitoba’s Sector Council Program framework to facilitate education, awareness and engagement activities that meet the workforce development needs of the NRE&E sector.
The best candidate will be a passionate self-starter with experience facilitating workshops and events and providing project oversight. They will work well independently, but will also be comfortable operating within a team and interacting with various other industry players.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Industry Workforce Development Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitating & Delivering MEIA programming and events
- Work with MEIA staff to plan, lead and deliver a variety of workforce development events and workshops that seek to meet member needs and interests
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards while collaborating with industry experts to coordinate curriculum development for MEIA training
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Help lead staff team, supervise consultants and motivate volunteers
- Act as a liaison between MEIA, government representatives, post-secondary institutions and industry to facilitate workforce development activities
- Review feedback from events to identify areas for improvement, summarize results and enter data into a database for provincial reporting
- Support and collaborate with MEIA staff in maintaining positive and proactive industry relations and outreach
- Assist in creating an annual programming framework based on member needs and interests, and in alignment with requirements under MEIA’s Sector Council mandate and commitments made to various funding partners
- Support team efforts in researching potential speakers and contributors to events, defining event content, creating agendas, marketing and promotion of events, following up with all speakers and other tasks as required for successful implementation
- Assist with organizing and supporting MEIA’s Annual General Meeting
- Collaborate with Membership Committee to implement suggestions
- Assist Programming and Communications Coordinator with scheduling and deliverance of industry events and workshops
- Collaborate closely with Office & Finance Administrator to ensure project budgets are met and reported on accurately
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor degree in business admin, education or organizational management, or related fields
- Vocational Education Certificate or Certificate in Adult Education (CAE) an advantage
- Project Management training such as PMP certification or other would be an asset
- 2-3 years’ experience of project management or related experience
- Background in the Natural Resources, Energy and Environment Industry preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing, proposal development, and presentation and facilitation abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to communicate with a variety of audiences (Government, educational institutions, industry stakeholders, etc.)
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Proficiency with project management software tools (Microsoft Office, MailChimp, etc.), methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Basic financial literacy required
The Industry Workforce Development Manager is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
MEIA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Indigenous person, a person with a disability, veteran status, or a member of a visible minority.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume to [email protected] by June 30th, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.