MEIA Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Manitoba Environmental Industries Association has been working to advance Manitoba’s environmental and clean technology sector for over 30 years. As the Sector Council for Natural Resources, Energy and Environment, we are looking for an organized and energetic individual to fill the role of full-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator at our Winnipeg office.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing marketing strategies, creating promotional campaigns, and managing MEIA communications, website, and social media. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The marketing coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic marketing initiatives and activities.
- Implement marketing plans that include print and online content.
- Create branded advertising campaigns for MEIA programs and initiatives.
- Set up tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and negotiate media coverage.
- Create, maintain, and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids for clients and management.
- Attend industry events to build brand awareness through networking and participation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and Communications or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in content management, creative writing, advertising, and media relations.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and website development.
- Strong independent work ethic and self-management skills.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. MEIA offers a generous employee benefits package and a hybrid work week.
MEIA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Indigenous person, a person with a disability, veteran status, or a member of a visible minority. Priority will be given to members of the aforementioned groups.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume to [email protected] by Tuesday, February 28. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.