- December 10, 2020
9:30 am - 11:30 am
MEIA is partnering with the Manitoba Association of Regional Recyclers (MARR) to present the 2020 MARR Forum. The forum is being delivered in a series of five webinars between Nov 2020 and March 2021. MEIA Members receive the MARR member discount so be sure to select “MARR member” when you register.
The next webinar is Managing Waste Plastics in Manitoba – Challenges, Opportunities and New Developments on December 10, 2020 (9:30am to 11:30am)
Presentations will include:
- Canada’s proposed ban on six harmful single-use plastic items and Integrated Management Approach to Plastic Products to Prevent Waste and Pollution (Environment and Climate Change Canada presenter to be determined)
- Plastics Recycling Markets: Insights and Perspective from a Manitoba Processor/Broker (Stephanie Sidler, Director, Processing Business Operations and Development, GFL Environmental Inc.)
- Best practices for household recycling plastics in Manitoba (Kristin Houle, Field Services Coordinator, MMSM)
- Manitoba Agricultural Plastics Program Plan (Kim Timmer, Manager Stakeholder Relations, Cleanfarms Inc.)
Click here for more details and to register for the Dec 10th webinar, or to buy your “season ticket” for the next four webinars. MEIA Members: Remember to select “MARR member” when buying your ticket!
A significant number of “season tickets” have already been sold leaving only a limited number of spots still available so make sure you register soon! Note: If you’ve already purchased a season pass, you are already registered.
The 2020 MARR Forum will be delivered as a series of five (5) online webinars taking place “live” on the following dates…
- Webinar 1 – Thurs, Nov 19, 2020 (9:30am to 11:30am)
- Webinar 2 – Thurs, Dec 10, 2020 (9:30am to 11:30am)
- Webinar 3 – Thurs, Jan 21, 2021 (9:30am to 11:30am)
- Webinar 4 – Thurs, Feb 18, 2021 (9:30am to 11:30am)
- Webinar 5 – Thurs, Mar 18, 2021 (9:30am to 11:30am)
Each webinar will focus on a particular theme and will include expert panels, educational presentations on topics relevant to Manitoba’s recycling and waste management decision makers and workers, guided video tours of model recycling/waste sites, solution-oriented roundtable discussions addressing topical needs of the sector and regions of the province.