Applications for the current round of funding will be accepted until November 30, 2021. There will also be future rounds of funding, subject to availability of funds.
The Innovation Fund supports organizations who are looking to advance new and innovative energy efficiency opportunities in the Manitoba market. It aligns with Efficiency Manitoba’s Emerging Technology Program, which supports technologies that are ready to be deployed in the Manitoba market. Efficiency Manitoba provides funding for pilot projects and partnerships to reduce barriers to emerging energy-efficient technologies and strategies with the goal of developing successful projects into future Efficiency Manitoba programs. Projects must demonstrate natural gas or electricity savings.
Eligible projects can receive funding of up to 75% of the project cost to a maximum of $250,000. There are two funding streams:
- Technology Demonstration Stream
- Market Capacity Stream
- Read the Innovation Fund’s program guide.
- Submit an Expression of Interest which gives a brief overview of the project. We’ll follow up with project applicants within 10 business days to discuss how the project may fit within the Innovation Fund.
- Eligible project proponents will be asked to submit a detailed application.
- Project proposals will be evaluated and the projects which most align with the goals of the Innovation Fund will be offered funding agreements.
For complete eligibility details and how to participate, visit efficiencyMB.ca/innovationfund.