Last Updated: 2019/07/10 05:32:29 AM
Facility Operation Technician
Miller Environmental Corporation (Miller) operates a fully licensed hazardous waste disposal company in Manitoba providing a final local disposal option to our customers. We provide comprehensive and environmentally sound industrial waste management services to a wide range of industries and have become one of the largest waste treatment and processing companies within Western Canada.
Why work for Miller?
• Competitive wages with a comprehensive benefit package
• Emphasis on career growth and advancement of employees
• Safe work culture driven by employee participation
• Pension plan availability for qualified employees
Miller Facility Operation Technicians work with various dangerous goods. This position is located at our Processing Facility in the RM of Montcalm on Hwy 75 & 14.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Shipping & receiving of various dangerous goods including documentation and inventory management.
• Consolidation, bulking or processing of industrial and household waste and plastic, in accordance with the facility’s license and TDG Regulations.
• Equipment operation and maintenance of pumps, forklifts, hand tools etc.
• Compliance with Miller’s Safety Management System.
• Upon successful training period participation in our 24-Hour Spill Response Team.
• High School diploma.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Forklift experience and chemical knowledge a definite asset.
• Physical ability to lift 50lb objects.
• Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
• Valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to HR@millerenvironmental.mb.ca
Miller is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment assessment program. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the assessment program