Job Opportunity: Office & Finance Administrator, MEIA
Last Updated: 2019/02/19 09:58:25 AM
Manitoba Environmental Industries Association (www.meia.mb.ca) has been working to advance Manitoba’s environmental and clean technology sector for nearly 30 years.
Our mandate is expanding significantly and we are looking for an organized and energetic individual to fill the role of full-time Office & Finance Administrator in our Winnipeg office.
The Office & Finance Administrator will provide general administrative support to MEIA’s management team and Board of Directors and will also be responsible for day-to-day accounting, bookkeeping and assisting us in fulfilling all our activity and program-related reporting requirements.
If you are a resourceful, organized, and self-driven problem solver and you have a background in basic financial administration and bookkeeping activities, we’d like to meet you.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office & Finance Administrator will be charged with:
1. Administrative Duties:
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director, Board of Directors and senior management as required
- General office administration, record-keeping, purchasing and other administrative and operational tasks as required
- Ensure deliverable reports are accurate, complete and properly formatted to meet the requirements set out in MEIA commitments to funder
- Respond to questions and requests for information
2. Accounting, Banking & Bookkeeping Duties:
- Prepare and distribute membership invoices and record payments as received
- Review, process and record accounts receivable and payable
- Follow-up with accounts receivable and ensure collection
- Assist with Payworks payroll processes including payroll entry and record keeping
- Coordinate bank deposits and track account balances
- Coordinate office supplies purchases and track, report office expenses
- Provide support to bookkeeper and financial auditor
- Prepare and reconcile monthly cashflow statements
- Assist in creating and maintaining annual, quarterly and event-specific programming budgets
- Assist in developing and submitting funding applications and project proposals
- Work with bookkeeper and management to properly track and submit quarterly financial reports to Industry Training and Employment Services and other funders
- Assist in coordinating venue, equipment and supply purchases for events
- Assist with other MEIA reporting requirements as required
- Maintain financial transaction record
3. Supporting MEIA events and programming:
- Assist in setting up and attending MEIA information booth at events and conferences
- Provide support at MEIA events and programs as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks accounting software
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions)
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Experience in services related to payroll
- Able to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- Time-management and organization skills
- Exceptional communication skills
The Office & Finance Administrator is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week).
Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume to email@example.com by March 8, 2019.We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.