October 16 - 20, 2017
Poznan and Sopot, Poland
Canadian clean tech companies are invited to participate on a cost-recovery basis in the Canadian Clean Tech Mission to Poland for the POL-ECO System Trade Show (International Trade Fair of Technologies and Products for Sustainable Development and Municipal Services).
The Mission will include exhibiting under the Canada Pavilion at POL-ECO-SYSTEM as well as a business development program consisting of business-to-business meetings, networking events and potential site visits. Delegates will also participate in the first Canada-Poland Business Forum in Sopot.
POL-ECO System is one of the largest events in Central Europe dedicated to environmental industries and clean technologies. It is the only major trade show in the region which covers all of the subsectors in cleantech: waste management, waste-to-energy, renewable energies, sewage water treatment, land revitalization, power building industry, energy-efficient building, flood protection, etc. It is expected that the fair will draw over 500 exhibitors from over 20 countries and will be attended by an estimated 16 000 participants. The target local audience will include Polish companies.
This year, the POL-ECO SYTEM fair is focusing on technologies and products for sustainable development and on municipal services in the following sectors:
· Water Management, Wastewater Treatment and Anti-flood Protection
· Renewable Energy Exhibition
· Environmental Protection Technologies
· Waste and Recycling Management Exhibition
· Municipal Technologies Exhibition
· Sustainable Transport
· Exhibition of Products and Services for Local Governments
For Canadian companies interested in expanding to European markets, Poland is the fastest growing economy in the EU. With Poland’s accession to the European Union in 2004, Poland has developed a long-term strategy to improve environmental protection, to strengthen the environmental sector and to reduce greenhouse emissions to comply with EU regulations. Laws and programs now in place include low emission economy programs and laws on municipal waste management, energy efficiency and most recently, a new renewable energy sources law which provides a regulatory framework for the development of renewable energy sources.
Why your organization should participate:
· Compare your product/service with international competitors
· Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
· Gain insights and market intelligence
· Increase visibility of your product or service
· Meet academic or research entities
· Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
· Meet key regulatory bodies
· Participate in networking events
· Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
· Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
· Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis to qualified Canadian clients of the Trade Commissioner Service. Early commitment will ensure that your company is included in the show catalogue and enable us to assist you in preparing for a successful mission, including the B2B agenda.
Attached you will find the draft agenda for the Poland segment of the mission. For further information on the Clean Tech Mission to Poland, including related costs and to confirm your company participation, please contact me at Ewa.Cichocka@international.gc.ca.
Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely | Cordialement,
Trade Commissioner | Déléguée commerciale
Email | Courriel: Ewa.Cichocka@international.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone: +48 22 584 3357
Facsimile | Télécopieur: +48 22 584 3193
Cellular | Portable : +48 664 116 134
Embassy of Canada to Poland | Ambassade du Canada en Pologne
Jana Matejki 1/5, 00-481 Warsaw, Poland | Varsovie, Pologne