Building Sciences & Sustainability Group
Pinchin’s Winnipeg Office is currently looking for Project Engineer to work in their Building Sciences & Sustainability Group.
The Project Engineer provides project management functions for a variety of clients. He/she is also expected to participate in staff development, including training, coordination and quality control for junior staff within the Building Sciences & Sustainability Group. He/she will be the principal contact for specific clients and prepare proposals for clients.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee and coordinateBuilding Science - Mechanical work (mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, automation and controls systems,larger Building Condition Assessments, Specialist Reviews, investigations and engineered solutions development, commissioning (new construction), retro-commissioning (existing buildings), and energy audits), whether it be investigative assessment work, contract preparation for remedial work or administrative review
- Participate in and complete design work for engineered client solutions
- Prepare contract/proposal documents
- Participate in Client Development and Marketing initiatives
- Supervise Project Technologists
- Train and mentor junior staff within the group
- Maintain and enhance quality control within the group
- Any other job related duties that may be assigned from time to time
- University Degree Engineering (Mechanical or Building Engineering) is required
- Registered Professional Engineer, Province of Manitoba (potential to be registered in Ontario, Saskatchewan, and Alberta) is required
- Current and valid driver’s licence with sufficient insurance, and access to a vehicle is required
- Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project), autoCAD, energy modelling software (preferred), load calculation software (preferred)
- Must be able to read, comprehend and proof all written reports and correspondence
- Must have good spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail required
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to manage technical staff
- Must be able to read and edit technical specifications, drawings and reports
Recognized for ten years in a row as a “Best Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute, Pinchin is a growing company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our company culture values learning, employee development and entrepreneurship. We also a number of unique employee focused perks.
We appreciate submissions from all applicants; however, only those invited to interview will be contacted.