Location: WSP Canada Inc., 1600 Buffalo Place, Winnipeg
- 1 day in-class course
- Certification in 8 Hour HAZWOPER 29CFR1910.120 (e) (q) Training for Hazardous Materials Technicians with NFPA 472 HazChem Awareness endorsement
- Based within:
- 29CFR1910.120 (e)(q), CEPA
- NFPA Chapters 4-8, NFPA 1600
- CSA Z731 & CSA Z246.2
- ICS 100/200/300
- Detailed overall spill response course for petroleum related clients who handle BTEX/Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons//H2S based contaminants of concern.
- Strong focus on procedures and clear understanding of toxicology to drive front-line behaviour based safety.
- Refresher training on picking booms, pads, sorbents and skimmers and how to use the equipment.
Focus of Course:
- What Hazardous Materials are and how to evaluate and simply understand their toxicological effects,
- How they get into our bodies (routes of exposure), how we protect ourselves ALWAYS from this, and how we use that information to come up with a plan,
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and how we decide what to use,
· Hazard Communication System
· Site Control
· Chemical Exposure
· Hazard and Risk Assessment
· Potential Site Hazards
· Site Control
· Planning and Organizing
- Spill response initiation actions and techniques
- Containment procedures, Recovery techniques and equipment
- Review of Petroleum Based Products, HazChem
All student manuals are included and remain with the student.
Cost: MEIA Members $395.00